Thursday, April 27, 2006

NOT JUST A COLLEGE…………BUT A WAY OF LIFE!!!

When I finished school way back in ‘96, it seemed like I was leaving so much behind…….Then I joined Xavier’s and the next five years were my most memorable years ever…….People said I would miss school, but I didn’t………I guess Xavier’s does that for people……..Once a Xavierite, always a Xavierite!!!…………It’s only people who’ve been there, who will be able to understand what it’s like……….…you just can’t wipe out the feelings, the joy, the memories, the pride, the thrill of those five years that you spend in that college………Thinking of Xaviers and the times I spent there makes me happy even today……

Dropped in for NOSTALGIA, the reunion organized in college earlier this year………It brought back so many memories just to be in the campus again…….many of my friends didn’t show up……..but I met other old friends whom I hadn’t expected to bump into…….It was nice to know what people had been doing over the past five years since I had left Xavier’s…………I kept looking around and staring at how things had changed…….a lot of things were different, and yet everything was still the same……….Xavier’s was my home………I’d been away from my home for 5 years but still, I didn’t feel like I’d ever left the place………..There is a feeling of belonging with that college that cannot really be expressed in words……….but in the words of the college song that I loved so much, ‘St. Xavier’s, You gave me wings…………and it’s those wings that will always help me fly back to you’………..Wherever life may lead me…….if there’s one thing that I will always hold on to, it will be the memory of the times spent in Xavier’s.

6 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Oscar said...

yes, i too will miss Xavier's more than school, and it's only in Xavier's where you can experience such an atmosphere at the college level.

 
At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes Oscar we know that you were in Boy's School

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Oscar said...

well during this last year i've had little female company (only in college...it's been gr8 outside) and as of now I don't think it's the women i'm gonna miss all that much.

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like a nice topic for a vote!
i.e What do we miss most?

1. The Women
2. The Atmosphere
3. The Woods
4. The Foyer
5. Malhar
6. The Profs

lets add to the list and
have a poll

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger General Disarray said...

Mr. Anon Y. Mouse, (or Miss, as the case may be; I'm inclined to believe the former) how about making an ID? That way you can create a new post for the poll.

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah seriously i completely with your article , xaviers literally gives you wings its beautiful feeling being a xavierite .It taught me to belive in me & most of all i for the first time discovered that i had potential & talent too also i met some real great people here and made some amzaing friends now am literally set to face the world

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Resources Blogs by Indian Bloggers Academics Blog Top Sites