Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Rules of the Game

Good day students.

Now as I look through the posts on our Xaviers Blog, I can't help but notice a lot of you leaving arbid posts (which I have since deleted). Now, while Xaviers has always encouraged students to be creative, we must draw the line at vandalism.

With regards to this, I have decided to introduce the concept of marking posts that I find do NOT go with the spirit of Xaviers. So, henceforth, those posts which I find unworthy, will be marked (said marking will be done in the comments section). Users and visitors are then welcome to post comments on whether the post should be allowed to stay or deserves to go. Please note that this facility is only for those posts marked by me. Comments on unmarked posts in favour of their removal will not be entertained. After a period of 5 days, I shall come to the decision (based on the comments) of deleting or allowing the post.

Another thing that I must bring into light is the fact that a lot of our members would request privacy and prefer to remain anonymous. So, keeping this in mind, I would request all of you to not mention our contributers by their real name. I am creating a database of members who's identities are public and those who prefer to operate from behind a veil. At Xaviers, it is very important for us to respect the views and choices of others.

So, I ask all of our contributers to mail me at xaviersblog@hotmail.com or xaviersblog@gmail.com and give us your information for the database (info should include Name, Year, Subjects, and in the case of ex-students, Year of passing). Also let me know if you wish to reveal yourself or not. Those who choose to be open about their ID's shall have their ID's and names displayed on a seperate post by me so that others may know who they are. This post shall be constantly updated.

Thank you students.
Wish you all the best for the coming exams.

5 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Sagar Kolte said...

Don't sound so grown up!

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Rick said...

So how many of you guys attended the physics talk by one Dr Richard D'Souza from BARC at Xavier's? I heard it went very well (my dad told me, he is Dr Richard D'Souza).

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger CyberFrasier said...

sagar~ believe me child, i am only this way for your own good! and watch that tougue. although your posts have by far been the better of the lot!

rinaldo~ i was there at the talk. obviously. he spoke about the BARC campus and such. interesting speech. also something about how he tried to make you take up science!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Rick said...

well i did take up science, didn't i...

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger ivalap. said...

ah frasier...lil teddy bear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Resources Blogs by Indian Bloggers Academics Blog Top Sites